Welcome to TeenHQ!
TeenHQ is our Teen Services Headquarters located on the first floor of the Greenwood Public Library. TeenHQ is a place for teens in our community to feel safe and comfortable just hanging out with other teens in a place that's just for them.
Who can come to TeenHQ?
TeenHQ and available activities are designed exclusively by and for teens, 11-18 years old in grades 6-12. The room is open during the day and evening in order to welcome both homeschool and public school students into the space.
Patrons of all ages may enter TeenHQ to retrieve materials for checkout, but the televisions, gaming equipment, and study spaces are reserved for teens only. We encourage you to visit another department for your computer and study space needs if you do not fall within this age group.
What can you do in TeenHQ?
- Design and create on our Lego, Lightbrite, or magnetic interactive boards
- Select an activity from our Boredom Cart
- Complete the weekly activity for a sweet treat
- Explore STEM concepts with one of our maker kits
- Challenge a friend to a tabletop or card game
- Play checkers or chess on our giant gameboard
- Test your skills in a video game tournament
- Sit back, relax, and watch a movie
Is TeenHQ supervised?
Our Teen Librarian, Miss Jessica, is usually in TeenHQ for supervision, book recommendations, homework assistance, game playing, and other general helpfulness. Though she is not always available, there are also security cameras in the room for additional supervision. While in TeenHQ, teens are expected to follow library and room guidelines.