Proctoring at GPL is a free service, and we are happy to serve as proctors for exams taken by distance learners within the following guidelines:
- A minimum of 10 days advance notice is required. In addition, all test taking requirements must be received from the issuing educational institution before any tests are taken.
- Exams will be schedule during normal library hours.
- Proctoring consists of:
- Checking identification of student taking the exam
- Noting the time that the exam and started and completed
- Signing the required school supplied documentation
- Direct supervision during the exam is NOT provided
- Examiniations will be taken in a quiet area of the library
- The exam proctor will be the librarian in charge at the time the exam is taken
- GPL cannot proctor online exams that require public access computer settings to be modified.
- Staff will seal the envelopes of the completed exam and place in the library's outgoing mail.
- GPL does not keep copies of completed exams.
- The student must confirm that this proctoring policy meets the requirements of the institution giving th exam.
- Students are responsible for providing postage or any other required expenses.
- Students much ensure that GPL's computer resources are adequate for their test taking requirements. GPL accepts no responsibility for internet connections.
To request a proctor, please fill out the form below. A librarian will be in contact with you within 3 business days (Monday-Friday are business days) to finalize any arrangements for proctoring. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org